As the saying goes, “a man’s home is his castle.” It is important to note; windows often look better than they are. That is, they can look good on the outside but have negative details on the inside that need to be repaired or replaced.
Broken, warped or damaged windows
One sign that you may need to replace your windows is if your windows are broken, warped or damaged. Examples of windows that have problems are warped windows, a broken window sash or a broken frame. Complaints as well as praises can be found when searching for Thompson Creek Reviews
• Perhaps your windows refuse to stay open or they stick when you try to open or close them.
• Drafty windows are another sign that your windows need to be replaced. To fix this problem, replace them with energy-efficient ones.
• Most importantly, maybe the material around your window is warping or the color is fading. Because windows are one of the most prominent features of your home, you want them to look their best.
Surviving a storm ages windows
Another tell-tale sign is that your home has recently survived a severe storm. Surviving a store can damage your windows from top to bottom. Other environmental factors that can harm your windows are humidity, sea salt and coastal winds. In addition, if you have recently moved into a historic home that suffers from vinyl replacement windows, you may want to change the look of your home by installing historically accurate replacement windows. Drafts in your home are another reason to replace your windows. Over time, windows wear out and let in more air. Examples of how this can happen are wood windows becoming warped from exposure to moisture or when the corners of ashes and frames become loose and create gaps that allow air to penetrate the window.
Condensation inside the windows
Another sign that something is going on with your windows is if there is condensation inside the glass of double or triple-pained windows.
• Condensation inside the glass means that moisture is able to enter the space between the panes of glass, causing air to condense on the glass.
• Most importantly, if you notice that your heating and cooling costs are high, it probably means that you have windows that are not energy efficient.
To conclude, “A man’s home is his castle.” To ensure that your castle remains beautiful and functional, take a close look at your windows and update them according to your personal needs!
Here are a few window companies in Maryland:
Wall and Window Master, Inc.
Window Universe, LLC
Homefix Custom Remodeling